Thursday, September 30, 2010

You are my Sonshine, my only Sonshine....

Look around at creation; how incredibly beautiful it is, how perfectly everything works together. And all things can only survive with the help of one item; the item that gives us light, warmth,and the coveted summer tans. Everything in creation depends on the sun.

Look around at everyone around you; how incredibly impeccable we are made, how different each and every one of us are. And all humanity, even all the world only survives because of the help of one being; the being that gave and gives us life, breath, and our ever-searched-for love. Everything, everyone depends on the Son.

Ever look at how the rays of the sun penetrate everything; how they pierce into every nook, every hidden spot. How it reaches out and chases the darkness away. Nothing can hide from the light. Nothing is faster than the light so as to flee it; nothing is smarter than the light so as to escape it. Nothing.

Ever thing of how Christ penetrates into every being; how He pierces into every hidden corner, exposing the darkness. How He reaches out and will chase our darkness away. Nothing, nobody can hide from the Light. Nothing, nobody is faster than the Light so as to flee it; nothing, nobody is smarter than the Light so as to escape Him. Nothing. Nobody.

Did you know that you can only see a rainbow when your back is turned to the sun? Even when you try to hide from that star, its promise and beauty still finds you, you still find it. No pair of glasses can block out the light, and nobody can deny the beauty of the hope belying the light, the rainbow.

And did you know that God still sends His rainbows when we turn our backs on Him? It rains upon the righteous and the unrighteous. His beauty and His power and majesty will ever be apparent in your life. God is not content with us putting on spiritual blinders- the only thing they are deceiving is our own selves. If you insist that nobody can see you when you close your own eyes, does that make it true?

He sends His rainbow out to everyone, everybody. Those who are turned to the Son sees the whole of His majesty and His glory- why be content with the rainbow being your only light?

I'm tired of living in the dark. I'm tired of putting on the shades when I don't feel like following the Light. Because the Light is painfully clear what is right and wrong. When you're walking in the center of the Light, there is no gray. It's either black or white, and that doesn't rub people the right way sometimes. It doesn't rub me the right way sometimes. I don't always want God's light beams exposing my heart, my house. So I pull down the shades, pull on the shades, and walk away.

But, I trip. When I can't see, I fall flat on my face. When I fall flat on my face, I get disoriented and can't tell up from down, I get spiritually stuck. Until I look up and see that rainbow; that God is still there. That He will still light me paths before me.

So I, for one, am gonna pull the shades of my life up. I'm gonna throw my blinders off, I'm gonna run in the Light. I'm letting the Son shine in.

He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. Matthew 5:45b
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:14
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment