Wednesday, November 17, 2010

the Music in my Head

To the One who wrote the greatest love song; the One who composes my life:  

  twinkling notes on repeat played
          beating my rhythm day to day
     i sing along yet ne'er aloud
          lest i hit but one note stray

but You,
      You make me sing along
       but You,
             You make me forget the metronome
              and You,
                     You harmonize my melody

     heaphones shoved inside my head
          turned down to conceal the noise
     fingers tap atop my desk
          i follow the music- pianisimo

but You,
      You ampliphy my hidden voice
       but You,
             You give me drums to play
              but You,
                    You sing along forte

You are the music
                            inside my head


Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night His song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. Psalms 42:8

No comments:

Post a Comment