Monday, November 1, 2010

When you can't...

I see people. I hear people. And I know hurt exists all around. And these people, that I care about, that I love so so much have so much pain in their lives. And all I want to do is to forget all my problems and just hurt for them. I want to just fix their lives and kiss their owies and send them on their way to a life full of padded walls and sterile cleanliness. But as try as I might, I can’t. And I get to feeling so helpless for them because I know wishing them better won’t change a thing.
But then I realize, I don’t have to take their hurt. I don’t even have to clutch onto my own pain, because somebody has already taken it. The proof lies in His scarred hands, His bloodied head, and His loving heart. He has done the impossible- He has conquered the grave, He has healed our disease, and He has bottled up all our hurt!
And when it seems like you’re lonely, that you have to face the world by yourself; when it feels like you have to put your brave face on and be your own hero; when it seems like you can only live by one second at a time- He has conquered that too. I know my Redeemer lives if it’s only through this fact alone- because He gives me strength every day. He gives me the grace to smile when I can’t, He gives me the courage to conquer the world day by day.
He has delivered me out of the bonds of depression, out of an anorexic spirit, out of condemnation and has put me in the light. And when I get caught up in the feelings of this world, I need not look any farther than my own before-and-after pictures to know that He is there. That my God does amazing things, and that He has conquered it all!
So when this world seems too heavy for you, remember that it is. When it seems like you can’t even take your next breath, remember that you can’t. Because it’s Christ who took the weight of this world on His shoulders; it’s Christ who gave you the Breath of Life. And it’s Christ who carries you.

LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us. Isaiah 26:12
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:28-31
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11
Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord! Psalm 31:24Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

1 comment: