Sunday, December 12, 2010

Longing for You

Where is the light
Down this corridor of turns and tumbles?
Where is the ground
Beneath my prodding foot?
Lord show me the way;
  Show me the way.
     Where is the help
     To those who are crying?
     Where are the tools
     To fix what is broken?
     Lord give me the means;       
        Give me the means.
          Where is the calling for action
          From the spoon-fed Christians?
          Where is the echoing response
          Replying from passionate followers?
          Lord give us Your heart;
            Give us Your heart.


I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. Proverbs 4:11
He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalms 23:3
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8
In your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling. Exodus 15:13
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7
I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.  Ezekiel 11:19
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

No comments:

Post a Comment