Friday, December 17, 2010

Isaac's Prayer

While we were sitting in church tonight, the preacher began talking about the classical story of Abraham and Isaac, and the sacrifice that it took for Abraham to give up his "miracle" child. As he was explaining this no-doubt miraculous show of faith that Abraham definitely had, I began to think of Isaac's side. What was he thinking as his father tied him up? What would his prayer have had to have been in order to submit and allow your father to do that? I implore you to let his prayer become yours.

This is the end of me
     This is the beginning of You
I'm bound, I'm tied to this tree
     Lord I'm trusting you

This is where my heart stops
     This is where Yours begins to beat
When all my plans seem like flops
     You have written my story

I'm Your sacrifice
     Consume me with Your fire
You paid the greatest price
     I am forever Yours.

Genesis 22:1-13
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-- this is your spiritual act of worship. Romans 12:1

Let my prayer be set before You as incense; and  the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Psalm 141:2

No comments:

Post a Comment