Sunday, January 30, 2011

Creation

Today I had the privilege to go to a conference where I live to hear Ken Ham and Dr. Jason Lisle discuss both the creation of the world and the proofs of our creator amongst an array of different topics. I was greatly blessed by the whole day, but something that stood out to me was actually something my little brother said.
During the presentations, there was a PowerPoint going in the background that often displayed cartoon creations of the topic being discussed. My little brother loved those PowerPoint's, and at one point he asked me to read to him what one of the cartoons said. "It says: God created us" I told him. He thought for a little and said, "God is creating us."
Now, I don't think he understood the profoundness of that comment; more than likely he simply misheard my muffled whisper. Yet his comment stuck with me. Not only did God create us at the very beginning, but He is still in the midst of changing us into new creations, and into the image of Christ.
A lot of times we look at situations in our life and question God's decisions. God, why? Haven't I gone through enough? Haven't I learned this lesson well enough yet? God, why do I have to wait? Why?
I have asked these questions more times than I would like to admit; many more times than I know I should have. I know I have fallen like the children of Israel, shaking their fists at God in the wilderness while He is providing their manna every morning. I may count my blessings in my life, but many times I forget to count among them the trials I face.
But the thing is, facing situations in our life where we come to the end of us and it seems all we have left is God- these are good things! It means that God hasn't given up on us. He proclaims in His word the He chastens those who He loves, and He promises to complete the good work that He has started in us. Isn't it amazing the the God of the universe takes time to notices us and give us opportunities to grow?
So even if you can't begin to imagine why God thinks you're strong enough to go through the insurmountable eminence in front of you, take the time to thank God that He is cultivating you so that you can lean on Him for your strength. Ask God to open your eyes to the areas He is changing in you.
Take time today to thank God for His work in you; both for your existence, and for His continued creation in your life.

Because the Lord disciplines those he loves. Hebrews 12:6a
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6
The Lord will fulfill [his purpose] for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands. Psalm 138:8

No comments:

Post a Comment